Line Boring Services
A critical piece of Goltens’ in-place machining portfolio is the capability to handle a wide range of line boring applications.
Goltens undertakes both simple and complex boring jobs utilizing off the shelf and heavily customized, purpose built boring tools.
Engine Line Boring
With our specially designed boring tools and laser alignment equipment; Goltens executes work on all range and sizes of diesel engines with exact precision. This specialized machinery can be adjusted to accommodate varying lengths up to 10 meters. Backed by the large scale, precision machining capability of the Goltens workshops, we can handle all repairs that might be associated from machining of caps to larger requirements like machining of bedplates and blocks.
Stern Tube and Tapered Boring applications
Shipyards all over the world rely on Goltens large scale boring and machining capabilities. Our specialized portable line boring tooling is used in the boring of stern tubes of any length and diameter. Goltens has also developed customized tooling to undertake large diameter tapered boring for a variety of new build and repair applications such as cable drum bores, stinger hinges and rudder stock bearings. The machinery has also been modified to machine the inner diameters of hydro power turbine outlets.
Whether the job is machining of two or more bores in-line or the machining of bores at great distance, we have the tooling and expertise to handle it.
Our In-Situ Line Boring Specialization Includes
- Boring main bearing or camshaft pockets standard and oversize
- Single pocket boring standard and oversize
- Centerline shift in horizontal and vertical direction
- Large and small scale tapered boring
- Machining of thrust faces
- Re-bushing of main bearing and camshaft pockets
- Machining of engine lower liner landing surfaces for resleeving
- Boring of stern tubes, large diameter and tapered bores
- High tolerance in line boring of any cylindrical components or rotating machinery
Goltens’ capability is supported by:
- In Situ Tool Designers capable of modifying or building tooling to solve all make and manner of machining challenges
- Specially designed, portable line boring equipment with adjustable lengths up to 10 meters
- Specialized on-site machining tooling for tapered boring applications
- Specialized laser guided measuring /alignment equipment
- A large global team of boring specialists to ensure a rapid, expert response anytime and anywhere
- Engineering experts familiar with different engine makes and their individual design features.
Let Goltens Solve Your Challenge
Goltens is the right partner for ship owners and power plant operators all over the world. Response to all service enquiries typically falls within 12 hours.