Yara SOx Scrubber
Yara Marine is a market leader in emissions control technology boasting a market leading SOx scrubber technology.
Goltens stations in the United States, Middle East and Singapore are sales agents for Yara scrubbers and Goltens Green Technologies has a global engineering and installation partner agreement to support vessel retrofit projects.
Installing a Yara SOx scrubber is the most economical and efficient way to achieve full compliance with both current and future emission regulations from the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
Yara scrubbers are tailor made to any engine size and vessel, have a very small footprint and have flexible dimensions to accommodate for the specific vessel’s space availability.
- Yara’s SOx scrubber can clean the exhaust gas down to strictest 0.1% ECA requirements
- More than 100 systems already successfully installed since 2011
- Yara’s inline scrubber can handle any Sulphur content in the fuel up to 3.5%
- Scrubber can operate in both open and closed loop as well as hybrid mode that can automatically transit between open and closed loop depending on the specific geographical regulation.
- Yara is the only abatement company that can offer scrubber design that allows for both Magnesium Oxide (MgO) and Caustic Soda (NaOH) as alkali in closed loop. MgO is normally recommended because:
- MgO as alkali is completely harmless and represents no health or safety risk onboard.
- MgO is supplied as a powder and is easily available all across the globe.
- MgO requires less storage space than NaOH as the MgO consumption is only ¼ of the corresponding NaOH needed.
- For those applications where Caustic Soda is a more suitable alkali, Yara will design the scrubber accordingly.
- For retrofits on sailing vessels, Yara Marine Technologies scrubbers can be fitted while in operation and no valuable commercial sailing time is lost.
- Yara fits their scrubbers with high grade stainless steel and can offer extended guarantees against corrosion
- Because Yara in-line scrubbers have no moving parts or bypass, they are easily installed in the funnel area.
- The inline scrubber system only requires the same space as the silencer (approximately) that it replaces, simplifying installation.
Export Credit Norway is a governmentally owned financial institution that offers competitive long and short term loans to finance purchases from Norwegian companies.
- Favorable fixed/variable interest rate
- Borrow up to 85% of the contract value
- Gain access to attractive, stable funding from the Norwegian Government irrespective of market conditions
- Free up credit from your local banks for other financing needs (overdraft facilities etc.)
For ship owners that have several vessels that need to retrofit scrubber systems, Export Credit Norway can offer a credit frame agreement for the entire fleet. The loans for the purchase of the retrofit scrubbers will then be structured as single loans under the credit frame agreement. The single loans will be disbursed upon fulfillment of pre-agreed conditions.
Let Goltens Solve Your Challenge
Goltens is the right partner for ship owners and power plant operators all over the world. Response to all service enquiries typically falls within 12 hours.
Find Your Region’s Contact
Select a region below and find the right Goltens expert