New helideck pancake assembly & installation onboard conversion vessel 'ARV3'
Marine aluminium helideck
In collaboration with Marine Aluminium AS, one of the world’s leading companies within engineering, design and fabrication of aluminium structures and products for the offshore and shipbuilding industry, Goltens recently completed the assembly and installation of a helideck pancake onboard the conversion vessel ARV3 in one of the Singapore shipyards.
Preparing bottom Profile Girders
Helideck Pancake installation complete
|Conversion Vessel ‘ARV3’|
|Project Scope:||Assembling & Integration of Helideck Pancake|
|Product Maker:||Marine Aluminum AS|
|Size:||22 meter X 22 meter (Octagonal Shape)|
- Layout support blocks on flat open space & performing level checks.
- Assembling bottom profile, connecting & level checking to confirm flatness.
- Measuring and cutting excess top profile materials
- Machine cutting hole pockets and installing accessory fittings, installing safety net drain gutter along the perimeters as per drawing specification.
- Load testing of safety net for Class surveyor’s inspection (arranged by yard).
- Installation and dismantling of lifting frame arrangements before and after integration.
- Integration of complete Helideck Pancake onboard vessel support steel structure which included in-situ drilling of bolt holes and insertion of insulation neoprene
- Installation of stairways & platforms
HELIDECK INSTALLATION RESULTS
The installation was completed and the resultant standoff distance was within that specified by the makers. The job was carried out in-situ removing the necessity to remove the crankshaft from the engine and eliminating the extra cost and downtime associated with the disassembly of the engine, transport of the shaft and reassembly of the engine.
Download a PDF of this Resource
(Right click and select "Save File As..." or "Save Link As..." to save)Download Now