Department: Diesel Department
Reporting to: Technical Manager – Diesel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform mechanical overhauling, reconditioning & repairs of 4-stokes and 2-strokes engine parts conveyed to shop.
- Identifies parts that need to be replaced and places orders for parts or repair services as necessary for themselves and the mechanical technicians.
- Promote awareness and commitment to focus on jobs delivery dateline, quality and cost
- Assist in preparing inspection/calibration reports, spare requisitions and work done report
- Demonstrates efficient job planning and time scheduling
- Works with Department Manager, Service Engineers to support their mechanical repair needs and to schedule troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment.
- Ensure that all timesheet is accurate and submitted to dept. manager within specified timelines
- Initiates discussions on a regular basis concerning work related issues such as conflicts and work performances, with a view to seeking solutions
- Must be self-discipline, always be punctual in compliance to company’s bell to bell working hour policy and obey company’s rule at all times
- Must execute all tasks with all prescribed safety equipment in place and person using applicable OSHA rules for themselves and the mechanical technicians.
- Must always give priority to safety for yourself as well as for your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by manager / management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL:
Technical / Professional:
- At least Marine certificate
- At least 5 years of mechanical repair related experience
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Good communication skill
- Good supervisory skill
- Marine Industry