Department: Diesel Department
Reporting to: Technical Manager – Diesel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a Service Engineer must be a role model who set good example including managing and supervision the subordinates with the right and positive attitude towards work, customers, company and profitability of the job.
- To involve in the counseling process as part of the discipline action in the case of violation of rules of your subordinates
- Perform inspection, installation (incl. engine alignment), repair, upgrading, troubleshooting and overhaul of diesel engines and auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to communicate with agent/ship owner reps/Class/Goltens/sub-contractor including arrangement of work/entry permit through email and phone.
- Proactive in communication and accessibility to customers and Dept. Manager with timely reporting on, job status and technical issues.
- Preparation risk assessment and checklists for assigned job scope
- Preparation for job, scope not limited to technical information, work and manpower plan, schedule, tools and tackles. Daily tool box meetings with the team on commencement.
- Responsible for timesheet submissions- correctness and timely.
- Control cost of the job by tracking man-hour and material costs, within budgeted. Timely issuance of MR’s and the job folder updates on miscellaneous costs.
- Liaise internally with Customer with update to Dept. Manager for additional work scopes with proper paper work and approval.
- Liaise with Dept. Manager for air ticketing and other transport arrangements of men and material for attendance on job.
- Able to prepare a hand-written work done, with data recorded as per format templates and service report with photos, upon completion of job.
- Able to prepare a formal investigation report with photographs as per Goltens Singapore format.
- Able to provide formal recommendation and repair proposals on breakdown or failure attendance. And corrective actions as required during work progress.
- Generate spare part list required for overhaul and repair.
- Prepare a grant chart for work schedule as per Goltens Singapore format
- Good knowledge of engine including slow, medium, high speed diesel and gas engine.
- Responsible for maintaining tools in good order and maintenance of good housekeeping in all job locations
- Ensure all testing and monitoring equipment /instruments are identified and maintained in good order at all times
- Reading and interpreting drawings, manuals and code specifications
- Must always give priority to safety and health for yourself as well as your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by the manager or management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL:
Technical / Professional:
- At least Diploma in Marine/Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years working experience with Engine Makers and Marine/Offshore/Power Generation Industry
- Knowledge with high speed Caterpillar engine
- Preferably with sailing experience and with Seaman book
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English speaking and report writing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Able to travel frequently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Marine or Offshore Industry