Locations: Mumbai - India
• Perform inspection, installation, repair, upgrading, troubleshooting and overhaul of diesel engine for Marine, Offshore and Power generation.
• Good knowledge of engine including slow, medium, high speed diesel and gas engine.
• Communicate with superior for briefing of service related works
• Prepare necessary service report, ISO work instructions, risk assessment and checklist for all works
• Responsible in maintaining the workshop, plant equipment, tools in good order and maintenance of good housekeeping in all job locations
• Ensure all testing and monitoring equipment /instruments are identified and maintained in good order at all times
• Report and document the activities carried out in line with the ISO standards and company requirements
• Reading and interpreting drawings, manuals and code specifications
• Manage assign projects, job control, estimation, supervision, co-ordination of labour force etc.
• Liaise with customers and class, agents and other involved parties as well as Goltens departments, sales staff etc. during repair projects from sales/enquiry stage through to completed project.
• Improving operational efficiency through effective control of resources and managing the quality & deliverance time/deadlines.
• Cost control, job cost monitoring
• Minimizing claims, reworks and customer complaints
• Closing of jobs as per timelines without any customer complaints
• Ensuring adherence to all quality systems and requirements
• Ensuring development and implementation of Safety systems and standards and for developing a safe working environment
• Training and development of Subordinates
Education : Degree / Diploma in Marine/Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
Experience: 5 to 10 years. Marine/Offshore/Power Generation Industry knowledge with 2 stroke & 4 stroke engines is essential. Working with Engine Makers and sailing experience with Seaman book will be added advantage. Should have similar type of experience with ship repair and marine industry exposure.
Technological: Adequate Computer literacy is essential. CAD operating skill will be added advantage.
• Fluent in English speaking and report writing.
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Analytical, planning, execution and problem-solving skills
• Excellent managerial and mentorship skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills