Department: Diesel Department
Reporting to: Technical Manager – Diesel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform installation, maintenance, repair and replacement of marine electrical (AC/DC) and electronics systems for onboard vessel and power plants.
- Troubleshoot problems for customers, provide recommendations for problem resolution: provide estimates to customer for repair, replacement and installation according to problem diagnosis and repair/replacement recommendations.
- Identifies parts that need to be replaced and places orders for parts or repair services as necessary for themselves.
- Assist the mechanical Foreman to complete the electrical work scope within the time frame given.
- Works with Department Manager, Repair Managers, Service Engineers to support their electrical repair needs and to schedule troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment.
- Must be able to manage time and coordinate all aspects of the job that is assigned by the Repair Manager. This includes procuring parts, appropriate tools, equipment, and supplies required for troubleshooting and repairing the vessel electrical equipment.
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings and other technical documents to determine appropriate repair parts and procedures. Operates and inspects completed work to determine repair success.
- Demonstrates efficient job planning and time scheduling for themselves.
- Must execute all tasks with all prescribed safety equipment in place and person using applicable OSHA rules for themselves and the mechanical technicians.
- Must always give priority to safety and health for yourself as well as your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by manager / management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL:
Technical / Professional:
- At least ITE certificate for electrical.
- At least 5 years of electrical repair related experience
- Strong working electrical knowledge of marine electrical and electronics systems; installation, maintenance, repair, replacement.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Good communication skill
- Good supervisory skill
- Marine Industry