Department: Diesel – Internal Support Department
Reporting to: Service Engineer – ISD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform mechanical overhauling, reconditioning & repairs of 4-stroke and 2-stroke engine parts conveyed to shop.
- Identifies parts that need to be replaced and place orders for parts or repair services as deem necessary.
- Prepare necessary inspection reports as per ISO work instructions, risk assessment and checklist for all works.
- Assist in preparing inspection/calibration reports and spare requisitions on the jobs for his immediate superior.
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings and other technical documents to determine appropriate repair parts and procedures, with commitment and focus on jobs delivery dateline, quality and cost.
- Ensures that all timesheet for his team are accurate and submitted to Superior within specified timelines.
- Communicate regularly with superior and other departments as required on service related work for conflicts and work performances, with a view to seeking solutions.
- Must be self-discipline, always be punctual in compliance to company’s working hour policy and obey company’s rule at all times and be a good role model to his subordinates.
- Must always give priority to safety for yourself as well as for your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Promote and practice good housekeeping habit of the workplace at all times and assist in maintaining the workshop, plant equipment, tools in good order
- Estimate labor, materials and other requirements for completion of specific jobs and provide written estimates when required.
- Ensure all testing and monitoring equipment /instruments are identified and maintained in good order at all times
- For fuel system components – liaise and communicate with Goltens vendors and customers for reports , site inspections to ensure reconditioning and repair of components are in line with purchase order specifications during repair projects from sales/enquiry stage through to project completion.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by the manager or management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL:
Technical / Professional:
- At least ITE certificate or O’ Level
- At least 5 years working experience with reconditioning and overhaul of 4- stroke Engine components including fuel system.
- Knowledge with high speed engines
- Preferably with sailing experience
- Technical trade knowledge & Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Good communication skill
- Good supervisory skill
- Marine Industry