Department: In-situ Department
Reporting to: Assistant Manager – In-situ
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform on-site machining, flange facing, X-Y milling, boring and drilling jobs.
- To lead as team leader and perform in-situ grinding on crankshaft crankpin, fillet re-grinding & main journal and annealing of crankpin.
- Perform In-situ machining using the single point cutting slide on crankpin and shaft.
- Line boring of engine main bearing pockets including laser alignment/flatness check.
- Interpret customer drawings, dimensions & tolerances and requirements
- Prepare and pack tools for the job and arrange transport through SCM dept.
- On completion of inspection, record dimensions with reports on both hard and soft copy using Goltens templates including providing repair recommendation.
- If defects identified, dimensional or visual, inform Supervisor for decision.
- Attend VSCC meeting in yards and arrange yard entries when required.
- Prepare daily site report with photographs and send to office by end of each day by email.
- Regular follow-up on permits, gate passes and safety induction and renew them as and when they are about to expire.
- Timely and professionally handle service calls and issues arising from the field visits.
- Timely complete and submit all required paperwork.
- Perform daily & preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping & QMS
- Must execute all tasks with all prescribed safety equipment in place and comply with OSHA rules.
- Must always give priority to safety for yourself as well as for your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by manager / management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL:
Technical / Professional:
- At least ITE certificate or O’ Level
- At least 2 years related working experience
- Technical knowledge
- Basic analytical skills in dealing with machining variances
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Quality conscious with the ability to meet productivity goals
- Able to travel overseas
- Good interpersonal communication skill
- Marine & Offshore Industry