Three main engine overhauls for SCF Swire Pacific Offshore in Russia
Bergen B32:40 L9A main engine overhauls for 3 highly specialized offshore vessels on voyage in Russia
Goltens Singapore was contracted by SCF Swire Pacific Offshore to complete overhauls on 3 state-of-the-art “E- Class” Icebreaking Platform Supply Vessels the Pacific Endeavor, Pacific Endurance and Pacific Enterprise.
The three sister vessels are each powered by four 4,320 kW Bergen B32:40L9A main engines that power the vessels’ main propulsion thrusters. Goltens was asked to perform a planned maintenance overhaul on one of these engines on each vessel.
With the vessels on assignment in Russian waters, Goltens deployed its diesel specialists to the vessels and completed the overhauls while the vessels remained in service.
Disassembly of cylinder heads.jpg
removal of worn cylinder liner.jpg
Crankpin calibration checks.jpg
Installation of new liner.jpg
Installation of piston and connecting rod.jpg
Lowering cylinder head into position.jpg
Camshaft bearing inspection.jpg
|BERGEN M/E OVERHAULS|
|Customer:||SCF Swire Pacific Offshore|
|Vessel Names:||Pacific Endeavour Pacific Endurance Pacific Enterprise|
|Engine Make/Model:||Bergen B32:40 L9A|
|Work Location:||Voyage Repair/Russia|
BERGEN B32:40 L9A OVERHAUL SCOPE
- Dismantling of cylinder heads and cylinder liners and replacement with spares onboard.
- Dismantling of piston and connecting rods assemblies, cleaned and calibrated, replacement of big end bearings.
- Dismantling of fuel pumps with drive and exchange with spare fuel pumps on board.
- Renewal of main and thrust bearings.
- Overhauling of CW/LO/FO pumps
- Overhauling of governor drive and exchange of the governor actuator.
- Taking fluid sample from viscous damper for analysis
- Renew all camshaft bearing and check camshaft timing
Goltens’ diesel team completed each overhaul on round trip voyages from Sakhalin port to the rigs. After rebuild, full engine run in procedures were completed including bearing inspection, test of shutdown system and alarms, load balancing and fine tuning of governor. After final load testing, each engine was handed over to the vessel’s crew.
Download a PDF of this Resource
(Right click and select "Save File As..." or "Save Link As..." to save)Download Now