Department: Green Technology
Reporting to: Green Manager Green Technology and Business Manager – Product & System and Green Technology
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to prepare piping material specifications, MTO and end connection fitting details, male connectors, JIC NPT etc for BWTS and Scrubber system.
- Able to perform detail engineering and design of new piping installation on board ship.
- Generate detail piping drawings for submission to Classification Society for approval and for production/installation on board.
- Evaluate Structural Analysis, Loading Calculations, pressure drop/friction loss calculation and drawings.
- Respond to Classification comment to expedite design approval.
- Prepare piping specification and pump specification inclusive of specifications for piping arrangement, piping support standards.
- Preliminary equipment layout in engine room, pumps and auxiliary room
- To study scope of work, overall project schedule, basic design data, client specifications, drawings and plot plan.
- To prepare piping information list, layout and document list following standard procedure.
- To provide field engineering support/advice towards piping installation and testing on board.
- To provide related technical & documentation support to customers.
- To plan and work along with design subcontractors for accurate delivery schedule and update Project team to communicate to customer. Update sales when MTO is completed for getting quotes to customer.
- Communicate and liaise with customers, principals and other involved parties as well as Goltens departments, sales staffs etc. during projects execution till completion of the project to facilitate and completion of the services of client’s requirement and satisfaction.
- Must always give priority to safety and health for yourself as well as your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by manager/management.
Others Skills preferable
- Design and Engineering of Piping systems preferred
- Experience of checking onboard piping system for BWTS or other system preferred.
- Experience in making piping design calculation like pipe sizing, wall thickness, pressure drop, pump head, air receiver, deluge firefighting system capacity, inert gas system capacity, BWTS and Scrubber system
- Experience in preparation of P & ID for marine piping systems
- Experience in preparation and review of piping layout, manage to update drawings and deliverables
- Effectively deal with clients, class and vendors. Familiar with International rules and standards like ASME, API, etc.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL:
Technical / Professional:
- Possess minimum a Degree/Diploma in Marine Offshore Engineering from recognize institute
- Preferably with minimum 5 years’ experience in structural design and finite element analysis of ship or marine structures
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Experience in 2D and 3D design and naval architecture / ship design tools such as, Nupas Cadmatic, Autocad, Point Cloud modelling software.
- Knowledge of classification rules & requirements, statutory regulations, marine safety & technical codes and other relevant engineering standards applicable to ships
- Understanding of basic piping design principles and rules for classification society for Marine & Offshore
- Good skills and knowledge in Project Management
- Familiar with classification rules and guidelines such as DNVGL, ABS, LR, CCS, BV, NK
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Able to travel overseas when required
- Discipline and diligent in carrying out the job appropriate with right attitude for our clients or Principals
- People-oriented personality
- Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Demonstrate Good communication skill with Technical Manager, Superintendent, ship’s Captain, Chief Engineer/Officer or Crews on board.
- Adopt Good Safe Practice and self-motivated engineer with knowledge of risk management know how while working on ships
- Marine or Offshore / Oil & Gas Industry