Department: Green Technology
Reporting to: Green Manager Green Technology and Business Manager – Product & System and Green Technology
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ship electrical system design
- Electrical Load Schedule
- Electrical Single Line diagrams
- Short Circuit calculation
- Circuit breaker calculation
- Electrical equipment selection
- Electrical cable schedule, Cable tray layout, MCT design, cable route preparation, termination diagram
- Preparation of electrical material take off
- Possess good knowledge in automation integrations such as vessel ISCS, VRCS, AMS, etc.
- Prepare design drawings and documentation
- Project management, Project scheduling, client interaction, site visit (client office, ship, etc)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Technical / Professional: Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical) or Diploma / Degree in Marine Electrical system is preferred
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Experience in 2D and 3D design ship design tools such as, Cadmatic, Autocad, Point Cloud modelling software.
- Knowledge of classification rules & requirements, statutory regulations, marine safety & technical codes and other relevant engineering standards applicable to ships
- Good skills and knowledge in Project Management
- Familiar with classification rules and guidelines such as DNVGL, ABS, LR, CCS, BV, NK
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Proactive at work.
- Able to travel overseas when required
- Discipline and diligent in carrying out the job appropriate with right attitude for our clients or Principals
- People-oriented personality
- Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Demonstrate Good communication skill with Technical Manager, Superintendent, ship’s Captain, Chief Engineer/Officer or Crews on board.
- Adopt Good Safe Practice and self-motivated engineer with knowledge of risk management know how while working on ships
- Marine or Offshore / Oil & Gas Industry