Rebabbitting White Metal Bearings And Stern Tubes
For 80 years Goltens has been a leader in centrifugal casting of white metal bearings for bearing reconditioning and rebabbitting of bearings for Marine, Stationary Power and Industrial applications.
Every year Goltens stations around the globe recondition hundreds of bearings and stern tubes with the most exacting tolerances.
Goltens was a pioneer in the field developing proprietary centrifugal casting machinery to meet the highest tolerances and quickly repair and recondition bearings.
Centrifugal casting, where the bearing is spun while the babbitt material is poured, is a significantly better process with much improved results versus a poured cast bearing. The spinning results in increased pressure and ensures that babbitt is free of impurities, gases and imperfections. This ability to repair large-diameter stern tubes, crankshaft and other journal bearings with precision and speed is something our customers have to come to rely on.
We specialize in saving our customers time and money by reconditioning worn and damaged bearings with the quickest possible turnaround times. Our focus is always minimizing the downtime of your equipment and helping avoid the acquisition costs of new replacement bearings.
After casting, every bearing is machined to the maker’s specifications and shipped back in a like-new condition.
So how does the rebabbitting process work? Below is the process for the rebabbitting of a stern tube.
Types of Bearings Reconditioned
- Stern Tube Bearings
- Intermediate Bearings
- Crosshead Bearings
- Guide shoes Bearings
- Crankshaft Bearings
- Turbine Bearings
- Alternator Bearings
- Pump Bearings
- Main Gearbox Bearings
- Thrust Pads for Main Shafts, Turbines, Crankshafts
Goltens Bearing Reconditioning Advantages
- Specially designed tools and machinery for rebabbitting
- Customized procedures and specially trained technicians to complete the job
- The ability to undertake bearings from 50mm to over 1000mm diameter.
- The vast experience of having rebabbitted over 100,000 bearings
- Precision machining of bearings to suit dimension drawings
- Library that includes specifications / drawings for most engines
- Ample White Metal Stock in inventory
- Competent nondestructive Testing technicians to undertake bond testing.
Let Goltens Solve Your Challenge
Goltens is the right partner for ship owners and power plant operators all over the world. Response to all service enquiries typically falls within 12 hours.