Highspeed diesel overhaul service
General overhaul of 7 units Mitsubishi S16R-PTA-S gensets at Langsa diesel power plant
An Independent Power Producer (IPP) in Aceh, Indonesia entrusted Goltens to carry out the general overhaul of their 7 Mitsubishi S16R-PTA-S gensets.
The project required detailed planning and timely execution as the plant provides electicity production to the public grid and unexpected disruption or downtime would cause a shortage of supply.
Prior to deploying the diesel team to Aceh, Goltens sent one Senior Diesel Engineer to ensure the spare parts kits were complete and to take initial perfromance measurements on the 7 generators prior to overhaul.
7 unit Mitsubishi S16R-PTA-S Engines in Indonesia
Cleaning of block liner bore
Securing turbocharger in place after overhaul
Technicians disassembling the engine
Test running/commissioning of engine
|Engine type:||MITSHUBISHI S16R-PTA-S|
|Generator:||Stamford Type MG-7PF|
|Location:||Aceh – Indonesia|
DIESEL OVERHAUL SERVICES
- General overhaul of diesel engine as per Maker manual instructions
- Recondition of all Turbochargers
- Overhaul and calibration of governors
- Calibration and overhaul of engine components i.e. cylinder heads, pistons, connecting rods, etc.
- Recondition and calibration of fuel injection pumps and injectors at workshop
- Renewal of cylinder liners
- Renewal of crankpin bearings and main bearing shells
- Dismount and remount the alternator
- Chemical cleaning of radiator
- Calibration and fuctional test of safety devices
- Engine commissioning, no load and load test
- 72 hours engine reliability test
ENGINE OVERHAUL RESULTS
As a result of seamless coordination between the on-site diesel service team and the workshop service team, Goltens completed the job within the agreed time frame of eight (8) days per engine finishing within the total project window of 60 days for the 7 units.
Download a PDF of this Resource
(Right click and select "Save File As..." or "Save Link As..." to save)Download Now