Locations: Shanghai - China
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the entire Machine/Welding Workshop Department day to day operations in liaison with Operations Manager and Dept Managers
• Achieving budgeted and targets and department P&L.
• Staff welfare, guidance, discipline, and performance. Also, that department fully conforms to all legal and company rules and regulations.
• Health and safety of department employees, subcontractors, and other employees, all as deployed on department jobs or where department employees are allocated to other departments.
• Responsible for controlling the day to day operational workshop activities through maximum utilization of manpower and maintaining a high level of productivity and efficiency in full compliance with ISO standards and company requirement
• Continuous improvement regarding own department.
• Allocated role re Group and company initiatives
• Ensure that workshop objectives and targets are achieved through monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Build strong relationships with clients in the region to identify market necessities and potentials and establish links to facilitate new business.
• Ensure the business evaluates and develops personnel, skills and methods as part of its overall continuous improvement environment
• Prepare necessary ISO work instructions, risk assessment and checklist for all works
• Responsible in maintaining the workshop, plant equipments, tools in good order and maintenance of good housekeeping in all job locations
• Communicate and cooperate with the other Goltens business units in an open, honest, efficient and professional way to the benefit of the Goltens Group of companies.
• Carry out your duties and responsibilities as Manager – Workshop Department of Goltens Shanghai in the most diligent, ethical and professional way.
• Any other tasks as and when assigned by the management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• At least Degree in Marine/Mechanical Engineering
• At least 5 years working experience in Marine or Offshore Industry
• 2 & 4 stroke Reconditioning Diesel Engine knowledge.
• Machining Experience.
• Knowledge in reading production drawings
• Fabrication Experience
• Competent in Microsoft Office
• Fluent in English speaking and report writing
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Mathematical aptitude
• Analytical, planning, execution and problem-solving skills
• Excellent managerial and mentorship skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good team player with can do attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
• Management Experience.
• Marine or Offshore Industry