Locations: UAE - Dubai
Department: Mechanical Department
Reporting to: Technical Manager – Docking & Afloat Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a Service Engineer, you must be a role model who sets a good example in managing and supervision of subordinates, and should have the right and positive attitude towards work, customers, company and profitability of the job.
- To contribute to the company performance appraisal of your subordinates.
- To be involved in the counseling process as part of the disciplinary action in the case of violation of rules of your subordinates.
- Perform inspection, installation (different components of vessels such as but not limited to Propulsion systems & Thrusters), repair, upgrading, troubleshooting and overhaul of different types of propulsion systems and thrusters from different makers.
- Ability to communicate with agent/ship owner reps/Class/Goltens/sub-contractor including arrangement of work/entry permit through email and phone.
- Proactive in communication and accessibility to customers and Dept. Manager with timely reporting on job status and technical issues.
- Preparation of risk assessment and checklists for assigned job scope.
- Preparation for job – scope not limited to technical information, work and manpower plan, schedule, tools and tackles. Daily tool box meetings with the team on commencement.
- Coordinate with internal depts. on allocated jobs for completion as per scope and schedule.
- Responsible for timesheet submissions – ensure correctness and timely submission.
- Control cost of the job by tracking man-hour and material and vendor costs, within budgeted. Timely issuance of MR’s and the job folder updates on miscellaneous costs.
- Able to prepare a hand-written work done report, with data recorded as per format templates and service report with photos, upon completion of job.
- Able to prepare a formal investigation report with photographs as per Goltens Dubai format.
- Able to provide formal recommendation and repair proposals on breakdown or failure attendance, and corrective actions as required during work progress.
- Generate spare parts list required for overhaul and repair.
- Prepare a Gantt chart for work schedule as per Goltens Dubai format
- Good knowledge of different types of propulsion systems & thrusters from different makers.
- Ensure all testing and monitoring equipment /instruments are identified and maintained in good order at all times.
- Must always give priority to safety and health for yourself as well as your colleagues and strictly follow the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Handle any other tasks as and when assigned by the manager or management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Technical / Professional:
- A qualified Engineer in Mechanical, Marine, Ship repair or any other related disciplines.
- At least 5 years working experience with propulsion systems or thrusters Makers and Marine/Offshore experience.
- Preferably with sailing experience and with Seaman book.
- Alignment experience of various equipment and knowledge of laser usage.
- Preferably with good experience in different mechanical components of vessels such as but not limited to Gearboxes, Pumps.
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English – speaking and report writing (expected to have good communication abilities).
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Able to travel frequently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
- Marine and Offshore Industry.