Department: Technical Department
Reporting to: Managing Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the entire Technical Departments consisting of Diesel, In-situ, Fuel and Internal Support Departments involving day to day operations in liaison with Managing Director and Dept Managers.
- Achieving company budget and target and department profit and loss as a whole.
- Formulate, monitor and track objectives and action plan to further develop the departments from a technical and commercial perspective
- Develop and execute training plan to enhance technical competence, report writing skills and commercial knowledge
- Responsible for the training, enhance the technical knowledge and skill level of Technical employees including training of new technical employees to highest standard.
- Identify successors in Technical Departments and provide training
- Manage and hold monthly departmental meeting to drive Technical Department to achieve goals, track performance and take steps to recover or improve performance.
- Develop set of KPI’s to manage Technical Department status and efficiency including efficiency, targets, setting benchmarks for reconditioning etc.
- Staff welfare, guidance, motivating, discipline and ensuring that Technical Departments fully conform to all legal and company rules and regulations.
- Ensuring Technical Departments remains strictly in compliance with ISO & OHS, Risk Management or any new management or environmental compliances system which to be implemented in the future.
- Develop and maintain the above – mentioned Technical Departments to an efficient operation with modern work ethics, highly skilled and motivated workforce with succession planning ensuring qualified, professional and profitable services provided to customers.
- Manage technical employees in their daily duties including planning of work-scope, personnel allocation; assess tool requirement, scheduling and execution of repair and service works. Monitor progress and ensure works carried out on time and budget to correct quality levels.
- Job control and cost control including invoicing and commercial matters of Technical Department by implementation of ERP system.
- From time to time, perform independently on-site inspection and provide sound technical advice to customers.
- Design and review technical solution models, carry out market study and due diligence review, as well as conduct technical and operation reviews as and when required.
- Communicate and cooperate with the other Goltens business units in an open, honest, efficient and professional way to the benefit of the company
- Must always give priority to safety and health for yourself as well as your co-worker/peer and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by the management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Technical / Professional:
- At least Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years working experience in Marine or Manufacturing Industry
- Diesel Engine knowledge
- Knowledge in reading production drawings
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English speaking and report writing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Mathematical aptitude
- Analytical, planning, execution and problem-solving skills
- Excellent managerial and mentorship skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Marine or Manufacturing Industry