Locations: Miami - USA
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
Goltens is a leading privately-owned company serving the Marine, Power and Nuclear industries with major repairs, scheduled services, In-Situ machining, 3-D Scanning and maintenance products. For over 80 years Goltens has provided the industry with the advanced service solutions to ensure safe and economical operation of wide range of assets and facilities. The Goltens Group operates in 14 countries and employs over 1300 people.
Goltens Miami based in Miramar, FL seeks Field service Technician to conduct engine services, maintenance and inspections throughout the Americas, Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico. The position will support field services of 2-Stroke and 4-Stroke engines and related equipment. Will be responsible for technical execution, quality delivery and data recording of measurements in accordance with established quality control procedures.
Responsibilities: Field Service Engineer must provide exceptional customer service, maintain a flexible work schedule and use independent judgement and reasoning to support the highest level of quality and service delivery. Professionalism, integrity and accountability are core requirements. A person in this position will be responsible for:
- Takes customer calls, discusses and defines scope, prepares quotes, plans and leads both 2-Stoke and 4-Stroke engine service activities. Directs and prioritizes team with rigging, cleaning, inspections, measurements, calibration and mechanical assembly as directed by the Lead Engineer
- Execution of and direction of others in repair and OH of cylinder liners, cylinder heads, C/W pumps, L/O pumps, Fuel pumps, FI’s and calibration as required, cleaning C/A Coolers and heat exchangers.
- Training of others to quantify and record fine metric measurements of OD’s ID’s, thickness, depth, ovality and wear. Proper use of bore gauge, dial gauge, snap gauges, Vernier calipers, deflection gauges and other common measurement instruments.
- Completion of all paper work to include, daily time sheets, expense reports, service reports, measurement sheets and maintain effective communications with customer representative, CE or Ships superintendent and respective Service Coordinator.
- Leads pre-job safety meetings, following all safety requirements and adherence to customers safety protocols. delivers tool box safety talks as well as shift handover notes and observations.
- Identifies and plans all tooling requirements for upcoming work, instruct others in proper use of all tooling, equipment and machines after properly certified.
- Direct and lead Pre-job mobilization, tool preparation, packing, verification of calibration certificates and then de-mobilization and recovery of assets, cleaning, inspection and storage of tools and equipment in accordance with required specifications.
- Trains others and validates the calibration and completeness of all tooling, measurements recorded, inspections made, reviews data for completeness, quantity and quality sufficient for service report documentation for scope of work.
Qualifications or Skills: Service Engineer should have the minimum qualifications and or skills:
- High School Diploma or GED required. A.S or B.S. degree in Diesel, Electronics, Welding & Fabrication or Mechanical Engineering disciplines preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in technical engine or power transmission services or other oil and gas experience may qualify in leu of degree.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, TWIC card and Passport.
- Willingness to travel more than 70% of the time throughout the year and adapt to frequently changing schedules and tight timelines.
- Able to follow QMS, HSE policies and procedures and instruct others in the requirements.
- Have excellent customer relations skills, ability to keep customer and office informed of job progress and challenges.
- Takes initiative to work independently as well as ability to lead service teams in field service activities with limited guidance and direction.
- Can plan a service attendance to include, travel arrangements, ID of required tooling, technical documentation, measurement forms and resource planning.
- Can execute engine maintenance inspections, perform crank shaft inspections, measure deflections, backlash and record/confirm the presence of ovality, make dye penetration and magna-flux crack inspections.
- Can lead major OH services on 2-3 engine manufactures products including services of T/C’s.
- Can lead crankshaft replacement jobs, including laser measurement verification of bore, alignment of engine block and coupling along with final alignment of engine and generator.
- Perform and record proper hardness testing readings and perform calibration of connecting rods.
- Verify and adjust engine fuel pump timing to achieve balanced engine load.
- Must have a solid understanding of engine control systems, components and actuators and can perform Heinzmann STG-180 series Actuator replacement and zero adjust calibration test on engine.
- Ability and experience to perform ABB TPL, MAM NR and Napier turbo charger cartridge exchange, and housing replacement.
- Organizational and time management skills and ability to coach and support the development of the team members Technical skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and power point.
- Keeping proper time sheets, expense reports, work done reports, JSA’s and require measurement documentation to allow proper invoicing of service work orders.
- Formally communicates all required vacation time or personal time 3-4 weeks in advance allowing proper scheduling and critical availability to be maintained.
- Performs work according to QMS guidelines and procedures and looks for opportunities for improvement.
- Understands application and proper use of Bio Gen Active products in support of engine component services and heat exchanger maintenance.
- Can train others in technical processes in support of shop maintenance of cylinder head, liner honing, calibration of connecting rods, repair of FP’s, FI’s, C/W pumps, LO Pumps, C/A Coolers and heat exchangers.
- Has ability to extract requirements, scope and technical guidance from engine manuals allowing ability to lead services of new engine types.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Drive a company truck long distances in or out of state to various job sites as required and in compliance with DOT regulations and procedures.
- Must be able to work in external environment with extreme heat or cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 65lbs from a start height of 9 inches to an end height of 36 inches from the floor up to 10 times per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs from a start height of 9 inches to an end height of 36 inches from the floor up to 10 times per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs from a start height of 9 inches to an end height of 63.5 inches from the floor up to 10 times per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs from a start height of knees to an end height of waist from the floor up to 6 times per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs from a start height of 0 inches to an end height of 20 inches from the floor up to 10 time per hour.
- Must be able to push/pull with a force up to 65lbs a distance of 3 feet up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to push/pull with a force up to 30lbs a distance of 100 feet up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to assume repetitive squatting at a height of 20 inches from the floor or wall up to 10 times per hour.
Local area applicants preferred, relocation and expenses not available.
Goltens USA offers and exceptional working environment in growing company, salary commensurate with experience and strong benefits package.