Department: Chockfast Department
Reporting to: Business Manager – Chockfast
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrying out chocking of engines, stern tubes, deck machinery, on a variety of vessels / installations in Singapore and surrounding countries.
- Phillycald 1775/620TS and Devcon applications
- Customer liaison on job off sites in various location
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings and other technical documents to determine appropriate repair parts and procedures. Operates and inspects completed work to determine repair success.
- Able to understand blueprint
- Maintain a clean and organized work area on a daily basis
- Conduct daily machine tool preventive maintenance
- Organized and store machining fixtures for future use
- Assist the Foreman to complete the work scope within the time frame given and perform self-inspection on finished work-piece
- Must be able to manage time and coordinate all aspects of the job that is assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Demonstrates efficient job planning and time scheduling
- Must execute all tasks with all prescribed safety equipment in place and person using applicable OSHA rules for themselves and the mechanical technicians.
- Must always give priority to safety and health for yourself as well as your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by manager / management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL:
Technical / Professional:
- At least ITE certificate or O’ Level
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Quality conscious with the ability to meet productivity goals
- Physically fit, hardworking and initiative
- Able to travel overseas
- Good interpersonal communication skill
- Marine/Shipbuilding Industry