Locations: Shanghai - China
• Have the ability and experience in designing marine application fluid system pipe work
• Will be required to operate 3D Nupas Cadmatic design software and produce detailed drawings from 3D laser scans of engine rooms and machinery spaces. Training will be provided by the company.
• Will be able to present design service and technical/operational reasoning on systems both in house and to customers.
• Will be required to ensure all designs are efficient and of good quality and will meet all applicable Environmental and Health & Safety rules in force from IMO or Class. All work must meet IMO requirements.
• Should be capable of working within a team as a key player and possible future leader.
• Should have experience of working with class and securing class approval for systems designed.
• Should be willing to assist in related projects and other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements of the Position
• Will have a relevant technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Marine System Design or Marine Architect or similar.
• Have at least 3 years’ practical experience in system design or similar relevant discipline.
• Have Basic Knowledge of Ballast Water Treatment Systems and IMO Regulations.
• Should have good coordination and problem-solving capabilities Have a good command of English Language both written and spoken Experience of writing technical reports in English and Chinese.
• Has an outgoing and proactive nature
• Will approach business in a structured and well organised manner
• Will be a good communicator and understand the reporting requirements of the company.
• Is of clean and tidy appearance
• Will have an open and honest approach to business always
• Should possess a valid passport and be willing to travel overseas, mainly for training, and around China for customer and shipyard visits.