Department: Sales Department – Chockfast
Reporting to: Business Manager – Chockfast
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage & develop new customers based for service sales in the industrial, Marine & Offshore/Oil Gas market.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard level of customer services and good customer relation.
- Responsible for maximizing a high level of profit margin and ensure meeting the pre-set sales target.
- Assist Business Manager – Chockfast to identifying and developing sales & marketing strategies to exhaust opportunities in the local market as well as to exploit overseas markets.
- Make sales presentation and provide technical support to customer
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments
- Provide proactive leadership, ownership and taking responsibility in the customer / sales team environment for discussions on technical solutions proposed by Company in a manner that gains credibility with its clients
- Work closely with sales teams to develop effective working relationships and understand sales strategy and approach to accounts and opportunities
- Provide accurate account information/reports to Business Manager – Chockfast on a regular basis as per the agreed function reporting process
- Assist in the development of the organization and Sales teams through sharing specialist skills and knowledge via training and coaching as required.
- Perform inspection, installation, chocking of engines, stern tubes, deck machinery on variety of vessels
- Communicate with superior for briefing of service-related works
- Prepare necessary service report, ISO work instructions, risk assessment and checklist for all works
- Coordinate with customers for planning and scheduling of activities prior to commencement of work and ensure appropriate approvals for the same
- Manpower and work schedule planning, mentor and supervise technicians in performing the service job
- Must always give priority to safety for yourself as well as for your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by the management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL:
Technical / Professional:
- At least Diploma in Engineering
- At least 2 years working experience in Marine or Offshore / Oil & Gas Industry
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Good product and market knowledge
- Good selling / marketing skills
- Have own car or class 3 driving license
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- People-oriented personality
- Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Marine or Offshore / Oil & Gas Industry