Department: Diesel Department
Reporting to: Technical Manager – Diesel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform mechanical overhauling, reconditioning & repairs of 4-stokes and 2-strokes engine parts conveyed to shop.
- Identifies parts that need to be replaced and places orders for parts or repair services as necessary for themselves and the mechanical technicians.
- Assist the Foreman to complete the work scope within the time frame given and stand in duty as a foreman if the foreman in charge is not around.
- Works with Department Manager, Repair Managers, Service Engineers to support their mechanical repair needs and to schedule troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to manage time and coordinate all aspects of the job that is assigned by the Repair Manager. This includes procuring parts, appropriate tools, equipment, and supplies required for troubleshooting and repairing the vessel mechanical equipment
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings and other technical documents to determine appropriate repair parts and procedures. Operates and inspects completed work to determine repair success.
- Demonstrates efficient job planning and time scheduling for themselves and the mechanical technicians.
- Must execute all tasks with all prescribed safety equipment in place and person using applicable OSHA rules for themselves and the mechanical technicians.
- Must always give priority to safety for yourself as well as for your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by manager / management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL:
Technical / Professional:
- At least ITE certificate or O’ Level
- At least 5 years of mechanical repair related experience
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Good communication skill
- Good supervisory skill
- Marine Industry